"Like" us on Facebook!

Monday, February 12, 2018

FEDERER CLOSING IN ON #1 RANKING


By: Jawad Bisharat
02/12/2018


Further solidifying him as tennis's "greatest of all time", Federer could become the oldest male tennis player to reach the #1 ranking.  Federer would need to reach the semi-finals at this weeks ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam.

Trailing Nadal in the standings by just 155 points, Roger knew this was his opportunity to make a move. Federer is playing the ABN AMRO for his ninth time.


Admittedly, Roger never expected to win the Australian Open and have a shot at regaining the #1 spot. Saying in his press conference ahead of the tournament "I actually thought I'd be home in Febuary and going into the mountains. I did not expect to win Melbourne."

"But now all options are open. It would again be a wonderful adventure if I could become number 1 again, a big surprise. Then I knew Rotterdam was an options."

"My Team and I are enjoying the challenge. We're going for it"

Roger will face qualifier Ruben Behelmans in the first round.

ABN AMRO is welcoming some of tennis biggest names. With a wild card given to Federer, it will not be an easy road to the semi-finals. Standing in his way will be Alexander Zverev, Stan Wawrinka, and #9 seed Giles Muller.

You can see live scoring at  https://www.abnamrowtt.nl/en/live-score

No comments: