Monday, February 12, 2018
By: Jawad Bisharat
Further solidifying him as tennis's "greatest of all time", Federer could become the oldest male tennis player to reach the #1 ranking. Federer would need to reach the semi-finals at this weeks ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam.
Trailing Nadal in the standings by just 155 points, Roger knew this was his opportunity to make a move. Federer is playing the ABN AMRO for his ninth time.
Admittedly, Roger never expected to win the Australian Open and have a shot at regaining the #1 spot. Saying in his press conference ahead of the tournament "I actually thought I'd be home in Febuary and going into the mountains. I did not expect to win Melbourne."
"But now all options are open. It would again be a wonderful adventure if I could become number 1 again, a big surprise. Then I knew Rotterdam was an options."
"My Team and I are enjoying the challenge. We're going for it"
Roger will face qualifier Ruben Behelmans in the first round.
ABN AMRO is welcoming some of tennis biggest names. With a wild card given to Federer, it will not be an easy road to the semi-finals. Standing in his way will be Alexander Zverev, Stan Wawrinka, and #9 seed Giles Muller.
You can see live scoring at https://www.abnamrowtt.nl/en/live-score
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
World No. 1 Serena Williams has withdrawn from the 2017 BNP Paribas Open due to a left knee injury. Below is a quote from Serena:
Kerber to regain #1 ranking.
Kerber to regain #1 ranking.
"Sadly, I have to withdraw from the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells and the Miami Open. I have not been able to train due to my knees and am disappointed I cannot be there. I will keep moving forward and continue to be positive. I look forward to being back as soon as I can."
Appears Serena will be withdrawing from not only the BNP Paribis Open but the Miami as well.
This will allow Kerber to regain # 1 WTA ranking.
A revised WTA draw will be updated shortly
Thursday, March 2, 2017
2017 BNP PARIBAS OPEN MATCHES FIRST CLASS TENNIS WITH ENHANCED DINING AND FAN HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCES
Indian Wells Tennis Garden debuts award-winning chefs and restaurateurs, infusion of local eateries, and new dining destinations at signature event
INDIAN WELLS, CALIF., March 1, 2017 – Long recognized as a world-class destination with year-round warm weather, Indian Wells Tennis Garden (IWTG) also boasts an array of renowned events, including the internationally acclaimed BNP Paribas Open (March 6-19, 2017). Leading up to this year’s event, IWTG and hospitality partner Levy collaborated on a major experience enhancement project, adding and renovating concessions, restaurants, and meeting places throughout the grounds.
The result: 100,000 square feet of added guest space throughout the stadium, more than 20 new dining locations, new amenities, and an unprecedented collection of local flavors and restaurants to match the action on the court. Hospitality renovations debuting at this year’s BNP Paribas Open will deliver an immersive experience for all fans.
Acclaimed Restaurants and Can’t-Miss Views
Fans looking for finer flavors won’t have to venture far. IWTG now boasts three prestigious restaurants with court views, as James Beard Award-winning chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck’s flagship restaurant Spago joins the fold. The full restaurant roster includes:
- Spago – Best known for its market-driven California cuisine, Spago opens with a 100-seat full-service location overlooking the court in Stadium 1
- Nobu – Chef Nobu Matsuhisa’s signature sushi and Japanese fusion, already available to fans overlooking the court in Stadium 2, expands to player dining
- Chop House – Also overlooking the Stadium 2 court, Chop House grills-up prime aged steaks and chops
A True Desert Dining Oasis
Concourse and stadium renovations deliver more than 20 new concession locations and restaurants for fans in all sections. Through the overhaul, Levy and IWTG curated an unmatched collection of SoCal dining institutions, award-winning local restaurateurs and stadium classics to satisfy any craving. This year’s enhanced menu features:
- B.S. Taqueria – Carne asada tacos, chicharrones and more from 2015 Esquire Chef of the Year Ray Garcia’s popular LA joint
- Dave’s Doghouse – Simply “the best hot dogs” presented by two-star Michelin Chef Josiah Citrin
- Cassell’s Hamburgers – Reinventing burgers since 1948, the LA favorite crafted a special Indian Wells Turkey Burger for the venue (plus its classic fries and milkshakes)
- Sherman’s Deli – The Palm Springs hot spot serves a mean Hot Brisket sandwich, among other deli creations
- Piero’s PizzaVino – Authentic Neapolitan-style pizza, antipasti, and pasta from the Palm Desert eatery
- Melissa’s Fresh – Build-your-own salads and sandwiches made with the freshest local produce, and Melissa’s delicious Clean Snax
- Wetzel’s Pretzels – Classic and specialty pretzels, Wetzel Dogs, and more from the pretzel sensation
- Popcornopolis – Specialty popcorn flavors ranging from Cheddar to churro, from LA’s popped corn authority
- Shock Top – Fans won’t want to miss the signature Shock Top-infused brat
- Scoops – Hand-scooped ice cream and root beer floats
IWTG’s renovated concession stands and restaurants include multiple new margarita, juice and coffee bars, providing fans with the perfect respite, including:
- Lavazza – A selection of specialty coffees including authentic Italian espresso and cappuccino, a signature cold brew, and full range of classic, fresh and cool recipes
- Citrus Freeze – Thirst-quenching lemon, orange, and mocha frozen lemonade concoctions
- Signature Margaritas – Several new margarita bars serve creations like the No Fault and Frozen Cadillac margaritas
- Local Craft Brew – Including Golden Road Brewing’s Wolf Pup Session IPA, Point the Way IPA, 329 Lager, and more
Fan Experience Enhancements
Renovations throughout IWTG will deliver a truly seamless experience. Stadium Plaza, a fan favorite gathering place, is now a permanent part of the Stadium, while an enlarged Superwall will now display up to five matches at once. And, Stadium 1 features renovated and expanded suites and new restrooms. The BNP Paribas Open will also debut a new hospitality room and renovated Front Box Club, satellite broadcast studio, fitness center, and club pro shop.
About the BNP Paribas Open
The BNP Paribas Open is the largest ATP World Tour and WTA combined two-week event in the world, and is held annually at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. The tournament offers more than $14 million in prize money, and is the only event to provide the Hawkeye line challenge system on all match courts, including qualifying rounds. For more information, visit www.bnpparibasopen.com.
The original disruptor in defining the premium sports and entertainment dining experience, Levy remains one of the fastest growing and most critically acclaimed restaurant companies. Named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants, iconic sports and entertainment venues, and convention centers as well as the Grammy Awards, PGA Championship, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA All-Star Games. For more, visit www.levyrestaurants.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.